The anatomy of a successful sales person
Having a natural Charm,Charisma and Intelligence will only get you so far.There are specific personality traits and characteristics you need to be a ‘successful salesperson’.
- Business acumen. A thorough understanding of how your prospective and client’s businesses work, will help you to sell more products and services.Τwo thirds of sales people (67%),say that, knowing the client’s business, is one of the key sales skills.
- Drive and Determination. Many sales people fear failure .Success is achieved, by having the courage to keep going to make the next sale. Further the 26% of sales people with more than 7 years’ sale experience, are achievers in personality. Be autonomous but not the lone wolf and have a killer work ethic.
- Patience and Perseverance. Sales success is an art.It takes time and perseverance Patience is also a key quality,especially when negotiating. Knowing how to create, communicate and capture value, ensures a win-win situation for both parties.
- Passion and Dedication. The best sales leaders focus on the “why” not the “what”. Passionately believing in your service or product, creates an emotional connection with your client. This belief will be apparent in the people you are selling to, helping to achieve buy-in.
- Motivation and Focus. Regularly setting yourself goals and targets, will help you stay focused and constantly engaged in your clients and the sales. The more you stay focused on your goal,through productivity and tenacity,the more success you’ll have.
- Outgoing and Sociable. Sales is all about people and relationships. 31% of sales people with more than 7 years experience consider themselves to be relation builders. A maturing attitude help build trust.
- Confidence and Charisma. Self-confidence and charisma is important when executing sales and ideas.11% of experience sales people are “charmers”. Developing a positive self-image of yourself, as the expert, is crucial ; people buy into confidence and hard work.
- Creativity and Innovation. Sales is story telling.It must be compelling ,creative salespeople are often the best presenters ,painting a dynamic vision of how their product or service fits the client’s needs and achieves their goals.
Superior Selling Skills Workshop, 8 March 2019. For Registration www.planetinteractive.com.cy/upcoming